IT Systems Engineer
Reporting to IT Manager
Location Kidderminster (Three Manufacturing Sites)
Key internal relationships Management team at all levels; IT support teams; Operations Team, Application Support & Service Desk teams.
Key external relationships Hardware & Software suppliers and maintenance providers, including Fujitsu Siemens, BT Business, Bytes, Comms Express etc. Liaise with critical production machine manufacturers where a high level of data management is required
Working patterns/hours 37.5 hours a week, Office hours, Monday to Friday. Out of hours flexibility is required to help share regular weekend System maintenance with the existing Team .
To help maintain and develop the IT Systems, Applications, Data Centre, Network & Infrastructure across three Manufacturing sites in Kidderminster (living within 30 mins travel would be an advantage)
The sites are clean, laboratory style, state of the art automated manufacturing facilities.
Key responsibilities would be ……
* Take technical responsibility for IT systems including server and network infrastructure including production and non-production applications
* Act as the primary technical support resolving technology, hardware and software issues to resolution.
* Pro-actively manage the network infrastructure with particular focus on the stability and security of the infrastructure and continuity of service, antivirus provision, backup management and system recovery in the event of a major component failure.
* Monitoring of hard disk space on all critical drives, and monitor the volume of data in tables, taking timely action where required to delete, archive or log file data to keep these running effectively.
* Follow Change Management Protocol - Plan, test and document changes. Request approval and schedule after authorization. Communicate and implement change. Knowledge of ITIL would be an advantage.
* Participation in site meetings and projects to ensure potential IT issues are highlighted and discussed accordingly.
* Work with the Supply Chain Operations Team to ascertain and ensure sites are conforming with Groups latest standards following IT best practice
* High level of systems knowledge - Business Enterprise Servers, Microsoft & Linux OS experience , MS Office
* VMWare ESXi 5.5, 6.0 & 6.5
* Installing and configuring Windows based systems
* Backup Exec, SSR, Commvault & Veeam Disaster recovery solutions
* Networking (LAN/WAN topologies) particularly Cisco technologies as a preference
* Flexibility on hours is critical as role requires out of hours attendance to carry out systems maintenance during Production downtime . (ie. Taking a share of regular weekend work from 1900 Saturday to early hours Sunday )
Up to £33000 per annum
27 days ago
IT Systems Engineer