IT Service Architect-Essex
Please note - This is a 3-month temporary assignment, candidates must be available for an immediate start. This role will be part office and part remote working; coming into the office will be in accordance with the business needs.
Technology Services (TS) is focused on ensuring current and future investment in technology to maximise the opportunities to support the Council from a technological perspective. Bringing a new focus to understanding and supporting the business functions will be key in exploiting technology to deliver positive business outcomes.
This role is responsible for defining and leading a response to the latest Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) audit undertaken at Essex County Council (ECC). The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of driving service improvement to transform process definition, governance, and adoption, specifically within the field of SACM. The role requires broad understanding of service management practice, including process interfaces and ITIL alignment. The successful candidate will get up to speed quickly on how ECC Technology Services operate, have strong stakeholder management skills and be in a position to recommend changes to SACM, and supporting processes, e.g. Request Fulfilment, Knowledge Management, within 6 weeks. Subject to acceptance of the proposal, the role will involve development and implementation of the plan to realise the vision, including introduction of tools, process change, assurance mechanisms, adoption, etc.
This role works collaboratively with senior stakeholders in each function, partners and Third-Party Suppliers to promote the possibilities (or potential) from architecture designs to exploit innovative products, services and solutions that deliver business solutions that benefit the citizens of Essex.
Typical Role Responsibilities
* Responsible for implementing the strategy for service delivery that support the strategic needs of ECC ensuring services are designed to transition in to service effectively to meet the availability and performance requirements necessary to ensure successful business operations
* Responsible for designing and developing an overarching Service Architecture that integrates, at a service level, of all ICT components within a defined Business Service ensuring simplification of transition in to service, management and adherence to service and performance levels across the whole supplier ecosystem
* Leading the Delivery of service innovation to the advantage of the Council by capturing and prioritising market and environmental trends, business strategies and objectives, and identifying the business benefits of alternative strategies ensuring alignment to the Service Architecture
* Responsible for providing expert advice and guidance to the Commercial Team to ensure Suppliers and procured products adhere to the Service Architecture and principles of operation.
* Leading assessment and approval of TS and third-party service design to ensure architectural conformance which simplifies implementation and ensures effective service operation whilst reducing cost
* Leads collaboration and provides expert advice and guidance to Business Partners, Operational Teams and Suppliers regarding the Service aspects required in developing and presenting business cases, for high-level initiatives, approval, funding and prioritisation.
* Responsible for providing assurance and approval for the service aspects of technical changes taking in to consideration the impact on the Service Architecture and ensuring that in transition to service performance and availability requirements are not impacted adversely by change.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Experience of working on Cloud migration.
* Educated to Degree level or equivalent in experience. Accredited to ITIL V3 Expert Level and TOGAF 9.2 Level 1 - Foundation (or similar) and must have demonstrable understanding and capability to employ supporting frameworks and methodologies including ArchiMate, BPMN, COBIT and IT4IT.
* Evidence of continual professional development to keep pace with technical and business change that meet defined SFIA V7 competencies.
* Able to demonstrate extensive experience in a Senior Service Architecture Role preferably working within a large Local Authority or with a Service Provider providing Public Sector Business Solutions and Architectural Services.
* Must demonstrate a track record of leading and working within effective teams delivering Service Solutions that have been proved successful in meeting complex business requirements and in enabling standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use.
* Able to demonstrate a clear understanding and capability to work within relevant ICT related standards including IITIL V3, ISO/IEC 38500, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 22301, ISO/IEC 20000, PRINCE2 and MSP.
* Excellent customer service, written, verbal communication and presentational skills.
* Experience in the use of Enterprise Modelling tools and methods such as EA Sparx and Orbus iServer. Experience of developing systems in line with GDS and Cyber Security Group guidelines
* Experience in the use of industry standard frameworks such as ITIL and VeriSM and associated IT Service Management tool sets.