IT Project Manager- Slough
The PM will be responsible for end-to-end management of one or more projects concurrently within Slough Borough Council CRM business. The projects may be internal or for the customer and may be local or global in scope. The role will require some travel and flexibility to work from other company locations.
* Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
* Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
* Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
* Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
* Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
* Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
* Minimizes our exposure and risk on project.
* Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
* Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
* Manages project budget.
* Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
* Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
* Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
* Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
* Understands our pricing model and billing procedures.
* Assures project legal documents (e.g., SOW) are completed and signed.
* Identifies business development and "add-on" sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
* Leads proposal efforts including completing project scoping and LOE assessments.
* Effectively conveys our message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
* Facilitates team and client meetings effectively face to face or virtually across multiple time zones
* Holds regular status meetings with project team.
* Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
* Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
* Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
* Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
* Possesses a sound understanding of Project Management principles.
* Possesses general understanding in the area of CRM
* Possesses a thorough understanding of our capabilities.
* Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on projects
- The successful candidate will have experience of all or most of the above areas.
- Graduate degree in Business, Maths, Science or Engineering.
- PMI PMP, APMP, PRINCE2 or similar certification will be an advantage.
- A proven track record of successful project implementation - 4-5 years of experience.
- Team management experience; comfortable managing in a matrix environment project teams of up to 20 people.
- Excellent client facing skills.
- Experience of the whole project life cycle, from Initiate to Close.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Project.
- The ability to foster motivation within the project team to meet tight deadlines.
- The ability to have a strong impact and influence key decisions.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Understanding of budget control.
- Technical skills relevant to the project.
- Good IT skills.
Up to £400 per day
23 days ago
IT Project Manager- Slough