The AOE will be a critical part of the team that supports the engineering team design applications portfolio and related services. This role will be responsible for working closely with application users, IT solutions architects and functional teams to provide software, hardware and infrastructure support that meets the needs of the business including support to an engineering build standard laptops, workstations and complex engineering analysis and design tools (such as CAD, CFD, FMEA) mathematical and analytical software. AOE will also support delivering strategic projects aiming at digitization of the business inclusive of PLM implementation and data analytics.
Key Skills and competencies
- Work directly with the users on reported issues driving them to resolution through analysis, troubleshooting and escalation of complex problem to appropriate support specialists
- Coordinate with various source system support teams and system architects to reproduce and resolve user issues with necessary root cause analysis and fixes.
- Ensure that all solutions are efficient and scalable.
- Seek and leverage existing best-practices.
- Engage with various stakeholders at different levels supporting business digital transformation
- Write tutorials, how-to videos and other technical articles for the user community and knowledgebase articles and keep them up-to-date
- IT specialist with technical background capable of managing multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, demonstrated ability to assimilate new information and understand complex topics
- Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions
- Individual with ‘can do approach’ who can work independently as well as in a team environment.
- High Energy & Self Motivated quick learner willing to keep up-to-date knowledge;
- B.S in a technical field, such as Computer Science or Information Systems, Information technology (IT) or Engineering with equivalent related IT experience
- Minimum 3+ years of professional experience
- UK Security Clearance
- A working understanding of network architectures and applicable theory
- Basic working knowledge of engineering applications portfolio (i.e. ProE, Creo, Catia, Ansys, Matlab...) and engineering/design background would be advantageous.
- Desired experience in supportting users in a high performance technical computing (HPTC) environment including management of remote cluster machine