BroxtoweBroxtowe Borough Council
AktonAkton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for an interim principal Accountant to join the team at the BroxtoweBroxtowe Council.
Job Role: interim principal Accountant
To lead a team maintaining financial systems and providing budgetary and other specialist financial advice to a number of Directorates and Departments within the Borough Council's overall financial policies and procedures.
- To lead a team undertaking a full range of financial activities to several Directorates and Departments including the preparation of annual revenue and capital budgets, the provision of financial monitoring and accompanying specialist advice and the completion of the annual final accounts in accordance with statutory and organisational deadlines.
- Provide a finance business partnering role to Directorates and Departments to support the Council's financial management and commercialisation priorities.
- To plan the work of the team and allocate tasks to team members whilst providing appropriate supervision and guidance where necessary.
- To monitor the performance of the team and take any corrective action required to ensure that the relevant standards are met.
- To undertake Performance Appraisals and other staff management responsibilities in accordance with the relevant Council policies and procedures.
£311.50 Weekly ( Umbrella Rate)
3 Month Contract