Our client, a Top 100 Law Firm is seeking an ambitious Insolvency Lawyer to join their award-winning team based in Central London. Being leaders in their respective fields, the team thrives on the development and reward of their team seizing any opportunity for advancement and incorporating a friendly, yet professional approach to practice.
They are seeking a candidate between 1-4 PQE with demonstrable insolvency experience and an interest in developing a specialism in the area.
This is a client facing role so applicants will be confident delivering sound legal advice on a broad range of corporate and personal insolvency matters. With a range of varied work much of their business stems from insolvency practitioners, company directors, individuals, charity trustees and creditors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting insolvency litigation in connection with antecedent transactions, misfeasance and other office holder claims;
- Conducting litigation in connection with asset realisations;
- Researching and drafting advice, and recommending effective solutions, in a wide range of insolvency issues for the benefit of office holders, defendant directors and other interested parties (such as landlords of insolvent tenants);
- With assistance, analysing cases to identify strengths, weaknesses and alternative solutions;
- Drafting correspondence, witness statements and applications;
- Instructing counsel;
- Negotiating and exploring Alternative Dispute Resolution as appropriate;
- Advising office holders on practical solutions to issues arising;
- Advising directors and trustees in relation to their duties;
- Advising defendants in relation to claims faced;
- Proactively managing a mixed caseload of work to manage client expectations, maintain momentum and ensure sustainable financial performance;
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients by repeatedly delivering effective results as part of a close team;
- Business development activities internally and externally to raise the profile of the team.