Akton Recruitment currently has an exciting opportunity for some with Income Officer experience to join the team within the Local Authority in the Leicestershire
To ensure that tenants, leaseholders and customers are at the heart of all services and that all staff demonstrate a commitment to the development and implementation of the Company’s involvement frameworks.
To contribute effectively within the income team, supporting and advising our tenants and leaseholders with a view to maximising income to both our tenants and the organisation.
Key Responsibilities (Functional)
- To provide advice and information to residents about their rent, service charge and other debts actively seeking ways to maximise income for our tenants and leaseholders.
- To be responsible for maximising income within a given portfolio or area, taking enforcement action where necessary in line with policies, procedures and the legislative framework.
- To ensure that all actions are carried out within the boundaries of the protocols with partner agencies so that the appropriate support and advice is available to vulnerable tenants.
- To refer cases to the Money Management Officer, Housing Benefits and other agencies as per the detailed protocols and procedures.
- To advise all tenants and leaseholders on the range of payment methods available and other initiatives such as the Contents Insurance Scheme.
- To maintain accurate and comprehensive information on all arrangements and actions taken and prepare legal documentation where required.
- To work closely with colleagues in the housing service and the sheltered housing service to ensure that tenants and leaseholders receive a holistic service.
- To assist the Income Manager in engaging and consulting with tenants and stakeholders in all aspects of the income service.
- To participate in the review of any income related strategies, policies and procedures.
If you would like to apply for this position please send a CV or call 01772 428186 and ask for Jordan for more details.