ICT Support Officer
Akton Resoursing has an opening for an ICT Support Officer
ICT Desktop Support Officer - JD - Scale 6
1. Job Purpose
To provide customer focused reliable, flexible operational desktop 2nd support to all Telford and Wrekin Staff, Councillors, Schools and external customers and technical onsite ICT support to all Telford & Wrekin staff, Councillors and external customers. Enabling customers to operate more effectively and efficiently.
2. Major Tasks
* Rotation between desktop 2nd Line remote support and onsite support, depending on business need
* To provide prompt desktop 2nd line support from telephone, intranet and email requests to ensure operational problems are resolved as quickly as possible.
* Responding in line with ICT Service Level Agreements (SLA's) to all requests raised with the service desk.
* The post holder must ensure that all requests assigned to him/her are dealt with efficiently and effectively, keeping the customer informed of progress, and logging resolution for future reference
* Enter all requests correctly into the Service Management system and escalate to other support teams as necessary.
* Manage Microsoft Active Directory (AD) user network access accounts (local and remote) in order to provide secure and efficient access to email, standard and non-standard software and systems.
* Manage AD Security and Distribution Groups,
* Manage document storage on the network, file permissions, secure file access, content and advising customers on best practice housekeeping
* Installation of all software to client access equipment using a variety of tools i.e. Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM).
* Responsible for on-site resolution of problems relating to desktop computing environments, and to identify opportunities and recommend solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness
* Installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, telephony, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
* Management of all assets including updating of asset management systems as well as tagging equipment and/or software as required. With strict adherence to Asset Management Inventory process
* Use problem solving skills and techniques to attempt resolution efficiently and document in the service management software.
* To provide assistance and technical knowledge to aid implementation of Projects
* To assist in producing standard configurations, documentation and procedures in order to streamline processes and produce efficiencies within the ICT Service.
* Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
* To give 1:1 help and guidance to customers of desktop applications including, MS Office, Intranet, Internet, printing etc in order that they can make maximum use of ICT.
* Working on call queues as directed by the Desktop Services Team Leader
Up to £12.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
ICT Support Officer