ICT Assistant manager
Akton Resoursing has an opening for an ICT Assistant manager in Lisburn
KEY PURPOSE OF JOB
As a member of the Finance & IT Unit the postholder will be required to:
* Ensure services and networks are maintained to ensure reliability, effectiveness and future proofing
* To lead on any project or programme as agreed by the ICT Manager
* The post holder may assume additional duties relevant to the post as reasonably determined by the IT Manager to address changing business needs and priorities.
Council Services Infrastructure and Support
1) Delivery of a server infrastructure fit to support the services required by the Council, with appropriate security, resilience and backup. This includes:
Make recommendations to the ICT Manager on provision of the Council's servers
Acquire/ build and maintain all servers in cooperation with the Councils IT support providers, both physical and virtual Ensuring they are working within capacity, appropriate backup policies are in place and they are integrated with Council disaster recovery plans.
Monitor server performance and capacity making recommendations on server replacement programme.
Electronic platforms for Information sharing.
2) Create, administer and maintain any information platforms the Council requires for information sharing (SharePoint, Wireless Network).
Provide support for Website based applications and liaise with Marketing & Communications Unit to deliver a high quality information hub through the use of the Councils website.
Provide solutions for mobile working and ensure connectivity is robust.
3) Design, configure, optimise, monitor and maintain the Council LAN and WANs to provide effective, reliable and secure communications infrastructure that provides optimum reliable performance.
4) Manage and administer telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, including PBXs, VoIP, call management systems, voice mail, interactive voice response, and other telephony or network applications.
Develop telecommunications development plans in accordance with IT strategic plan.
Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and training for telecommunication systems administration and appropriate use.
5) Help provide regular key performance indicators to assist the ICT Manager in performance management and in the preparation of reports for The Head of Finance & IT and other members of Council.
Helpdesk and hardware support for staff, Members and guests
6) With the ICT Manager and other members of the ICT team help to deliver support.
7) Maintain/provide Council staff and student with appropriate printing facilities, including management of the Councils contract for Managed Print Services
Remote access/ Agile Working
8) Manage remote access to Council servers and terminals to ensure security is maintained and remote desktop solutions meet the needs of the users.
Disaster recovery procedures.
9) In partnership with the ICT Manager, construct and document extensive disaster recovery procedures for the Council's infrastructure and ensure those procedures are up to date.
Up to £23.73 per hour
17 days ago
ICT Assistant manager