Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council
Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a HR Consultant to join the Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council.
Job Role - HR Consultant
The post holder will provide Human Resources support and day to day advice and guidance on the interpretation and application of policies in respect of HR issues and employment law to managers and employees ensuring that council policies and procedures are followed appropriately.
Key Duties/Areas of Responsibility
- Provide technical and professional advice to the service and its customers
- Lead research, special investigations and service improvement projects or support others in project work, including performance management, contract management of providers and ensuring delivery is within the allocated budgets.
- Co-ordinate the day to day administration of the service and projects including managing the timetable, record keeping, document maintenance and development
- Ensure actions from projects are rolled out successfully, this will include checking quality and auditing of processes if relevant
- Administer contracts, including certification of applications for payment, issue of instructions, monitoring and control of project expenditure, and issue of certificates of practical completion
- Monitor a budget with considerable expenditures
- Lead and manage a small group or team including planning workloads
- Carry out research, analysis and interpretation of different types of information from a variety of sources, produce management information and prepare reports
- Produce action plans and work programmes and assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Organise and chair meetings, focus groups and working groups, both internal and external, monitoring the delivery of arising actions
- Promote good working relationships with customers, internal colleagues, other local authorities, outside agencies and the private sector related to the organisational improvement agenda
- Present formal and informal reports to all levels of management, including recommendations for improvement or future action
3 Month Contract
£14.86 per hour (UMBRELLA RATE)