HR Advisor- Wokingham
A temporary full time HR Advisor / Specialist opportunity has arisen in our HR service to provide timely, accurate and customer-focused advice on all HR issues including terms and conditions of employment, disciplinary, capability and grievance procedures and policy and process development. The role would suit an experienced HR generalist able to demonstrate an ability to manage a busy caseload through to completion.
A can do approach and sound knowledge of employment law will be essential to enable you to provide a proactive service to our internal customers.
The key accountabilities of the post are:
1) Advise and support managers on the people management aspects of service delivery, in a timely manner so that underperformance is addressed positively and staff managed consistently by:
* Providing specialist HR expertise and advice to team and line managers.
* Reviewing current working practices (employee relations) and processes in order to identify areas of concern.
* Supporting managers in their management of staff with practical solutions, ensuring they understand the options available to them to engage with and manage staff.
* Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of policies and processes within the services ensuring modifications are made as necessary.
* Undertaking Job Evaluations as and when required.
2) Supporting the shaping of the provision of HR service around what our customers want and need and in accordance with agreed SLA's. Providing advice on relevant HR Policies and legislation to services in and recommending options with risks clearly identified by:
* Providing specialist HR expertise on all people issues.
* The implementation of HR policy through communication and consultation.
* Advising managers on interpretation of employment law in relation to HR Policy.
3) As part of the Advice, Guidance & Support team to improve the customer experience:
* Write & update HR Policies, Guidance & Procedures as and when required.
* Be subject matter expert for a range of specialist HR areas; e.g. Immigration, Pensions, etc.
* Participate in cross HR projects and their implementation.
In return we can offer you the opportunity to develop knowledge in the public sector and the opportunity to work your hours flexibly within the hours of 7.30am - 7pm.
The role is usually based from our Shute End office in Wokingham Town centre with the ability to work part of your time from home. At this time, all of our support services roles are based from home until further notice due to Covid 19.
Up to £21 per hour
21 days ago
HR Advisor- Wokingham