Housing Team Manager required for a fantastic contract based in Bracknell
- To lead and manage the Council's small Housing Management Team of 4 staff responsible for residential property owned or leased by the Council or our housing company. You will work together with our Housing Surveyor and other staff in the Council's corporate Property Service; our appointed maintenance contractor; the Housing Options Team and others.
- This includes ensuring the effectiveness of all aspects of property management for our temporary accommodation and shared supported properties: sign ups; void management; monitoring the condition of accommodation and any fittings/contents - overseeing communal cleaning, reporting defects, carrying out routine inspections and working with Property Services to organise repairs, redecoration, planned and cyclical maintenance, and to ensure health and safety compliance; day to day housing management, dealing with Anti-Social Behaviour and some aspects of client support.
- The role will include working with a variety of households and client groups, some of whom may be vulnerable, and you will be liaising with appropriate internal departments and external agencies to ensure that tenancies are sustained and any housing management issues are addressed. Households will include homeless single people, couples, and families, who may have additional support needs; people fleeing or experiencing domestic abuse; and former rough sleepers.
- We are looking for an experienced housing management professional with experience in the social housing/voluntary housing sector to help to review current working practices and ensure that the service is managed to the highest standards, is cost effective and to make the most effective use of our stock.
- Experience of managing staff and complex situations, using clear judgement to advise others to do the same Intermediate
- A committed team player, honest, loyal, and trustworthy. Keen to develop and continually improve both on a personal level and in terms of contributing to the performance of the authority
- A knowledge and commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people.
- A knowledge and understanding of equality and diversity issues.
- A proven commitment to high levels of customer service
- A working knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, regulations, policies and procedures in relation to adults and housing and how these are applied to service delivery.
- A working knowledge of information technology, processing skills including the use of e-mail.
- Ability to analyse information and implement performance management of operational teams.
- Ability to build and maintain effective teams, ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of all staff within the team.
- Ability to build and manage effective relationships with partners and stakeholders Essential
- Ability to communicate clearly, appropriately and effectively in a range of situations including meetings, on a one-to-one with individuals and on the telephone.
- Ability to deal with conflict across a range of issues and able to support others to identify solutions to problems.
- Ability to deliver service excellence; deal with demanding situations and diffuse conflict
- Ability to establish professional, effective working relationships with a range of partners/colleagues and children & young people and/or vulnerable adults
- Ability to explain and present information in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to motivate, support and supervise staff
- Ability to plan, manage and prioritise own workloads and those of others, meeting tight deadlines and ensuring performance targets are met .
- Effective communication, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Locum Contract (3 Months+)
- £23 per hour PAYE (Paid via umbrella company)
- Based in Bracknell
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email