£19 per hour
0161 233 0034
about 1 month ago
30 Mar 00:00
Akton Recruitment currently has an exciting opportunity for a Housing Options Officer to provide a full range of advice on housing options within the housing team of a local authority in London
1. To provide housing options advice to households in temporary accommodation and promote effective move-on to other settled housing, including private rented sector, intermediate and social housing. The postholder will also undertake suitability of accommodation reviews, fear of violence investigations and related enforcement activity; work with accommodation providers and other services to resolve complaints and tenancy support issues; and support the implementation of a programme of tenancy audits. 2. To provide tailored support and assistance to all accepted homeless households by ensuring they move on to more settled housing in a timely fashion.
3. To ensure any offers of accommodation made is in compliance with legislation and Suitability Order; issue temporary accommodation offer and suitability letters.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
1. Make a positive contribution to the delivery of the service, this will include working flexibly and positively to achieve the objectives of the Council.
2. Manage and lead staff to achieve high performance and effective operational delivery, including developing and improving staff capability.
3. Manage a customer focused service and the effective use of resources.
4. Ensure that the Council’s overall vision, values and ethos are central to the requirements of the service.
5. Support effective working relationships and act as an ambassador and advocate with external organisations
6. Keep up to date with developments in service delivery and best practice to ensure the service performs effectively and to the highest standards.
7. Visit households in temporary accommodation to provide them with advice and guidance on the full range of housing options available to them and manage their expectations, taking into account their needs and aspirations, their priority on the Housing Register and ability to sustain other options, including intermediate housing options and private rented accommodation.
For more informmation please call 01772 428186