Housing Options Officer
Akton Resoursing has an opening for a Housing Options Officer
* To effectively manage the frontline housing options service team to ensure that the right advice is provided at the right time to help people to resolve their housing situation
* To manage the day to day customer demand for the housing options service through the regular review of service provision and processes which demonstrates excellent customer service though the councils key values
* To effectively manage performance by regularly measuring and analysing service demand, to ensure the right resources are in the right place at the right time.
* To contribute to the strategic direction of the service and managing operational changes which include working with a range of internal & external partnerships to create new or improved processes and systems
* To review, update and develop procedure following service review or updated regulation / case law.
* Offer a priority, responsive and preventative approach to dealing with complaints and provide innovative and creative responses where precedents have not been set
* Represent the service at relevant multiagency groups which influence strategy and service delivery and deputise for Housing Services Manager as necessary.
* To be responsible for the councils statutory housing provisions under the relevant legislation, code of guidance and internal policies and procedures is effectively discharged and be responsible for a strong emphasis in service delivery on homelessness prevention techniques
* To provide 121s and appraisals through effective supervision of the team via matrix management arrangements, leading on recruitment, training support and issues of conduct / discipline.
* To manage the effective delivery of the councils Housing Register & Allocations policy, from application to allocation.
* To manage the councils housing allocations panels, including those for supported housing, extra care and gypsy traveller site.
* To assess, check and mitigate risk in service delivery (including lone working and housing assessment decision making) to ensure accuracy and quality of service delivery is maintained and in accordance with defined case management principles, procedure and service standards
* To provide support with complex decisions through interpretation and under the provisions of various legislation including but not inclusively, 1996 Housing Act, Homelessness Act 2002, landlord and tenant law, family, welfare benefits, childcare and persons from abroad entitlements.
* To carry out reviews of decisions in accordance with the Housing Act 1996 and 2002 Homelessness Act, in particular under Section 202 and the Housing Register & Allocations Policy.
* To promote, present and influence multi-agency specialist initiatives and work with a range of partners, both internal and external to the council (including registered providers and the private sector) on joint projects and complex casework, including the pursuit of prevention of homelessness
Up to £17.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
Housing Options Officer