Akton Recruitment currently has an exciting opportunity for a Housing Options Team Leader to provide a full range of advice on housing options within the housing team of a local authority in London
Day to Day co-ordination and supervision of caseworkers providing direction to all staff
- Assist in developing partnership working to enable a holistic No Wrong Door (NWD) approach of the Housing Options Service so as to provide an efficient housing options service to all customers and partner organisations, preventing homelessness wherever possible.
- Monitor day to day work activity of staff in relation to housing options, prevention and referrals to other services and assisting in developing appropriate improvement actions so that year on year improvements are made
- Motivate and develop staff, offering sound knowledge and expertise so that casework meets all required standards
- Ensure that all enquiries and cases are progressed speedily and efficiently and within agreed time targets
- To co-ordinate the day to day running of an effective options based service that seeks to prevent homelessness in Enfield and maximise the range of housing choices available to residents and other applicants
- To ensure that staff have an appreciation and understanding of the options available to enhance customers' life and skills opportunities and to promote and encourage a holistic approach to advice and referrals to partner agencies
- To have a good understanding of the responsibilities of social landlords, Police, Probation, Social and Health Services in relation to housing need, homelessness and homelessness prevention work
- To have and maintain knowledge of relevant legislation, Codes of Guidance, case law and other best practice to ensure good quality s184 decisions are reached and communicated in writing in a timely manner
If you would like to apply for this position please send a CV or call 01772 428186 and ask for Jordan for more details.