£16 - £18 per hour
0161 233 0034
about 1 month ago
29 Mar 00:00
Akton Recruitment has an exciting oppurtunity for an experienced Housing Officer to join a Local Authority
The basic hours of work for this post will total a minimum of 36 hours per week. The exigencies of the service may require to post holder to work outside of normal working hours as prearranged with management.
1. Provide a customer focused service with all clients being treated with courtesy and respect. This will involve meeting all Council standards and targets relating to correspondence, telephone answering and personal callers.
2. Recognise issues around the vulnerability of Temporary Accommodation clients and act with reference to their special needs. Liaise with resettlement and social services as required to address their needs and ensure tenancy sustainment.
3. Lead on the management of Temporary Accommodation (TA) properties and manage tenancies in accordance with licence and tenancy agreement.
4. Responsible for building positive customer relations, providing a visible presence, visiting clients in their accommodation, acting as a point of contact, holding surgeries and attending meetings where appropriate
6. Visit every client getting to know who lives where, carry out welfare checks signposting other services and offering support to customers if required. Carry out occupancy checks and identify and eradicate unauthorised occupation in accordance with Resident Services policies and procedures.
7. Respond to complaints of anti-social behaviour, Hate Crimes, Domestic Violence, environ-crime and breaches of the licence and tenancy agreement, in accordance with procedures. Provide support to victims and witnesses.
For more information, please do not hesitate to call Jordan on 01772 428186