This Housing Officer role will be predominantly dealing with rent debt recovery within the central region of the city. Experience of using the Northgate Housing V6 IT system is essential.
Allocated tasks may include the following.
- Provide avisible and approachable presence on The Council ’s housing estates through regular inspections and patrolling.
- To be the first point of contact for any housing related issues raised by residents ofThe Council ’s estates both tenant and leaseholder. Ensure that issues raised are comprehensively case managed and other services are proactively engaged so issues are resolved.
- Provide a comprehensive tenancy and leasehold management and enforcement service, driving and managing the consistent and forceful application ofThe Council ’s policies and procedures.
- Enforcement against unauthorised occupants and proactively tackling cases of housing fraud. Working with colleagues to support households to move to accommodation suitable to the size of their family and ensure properties are let quickly with a culture of payment (rent/ charges) instilled with all new residents
- Assistin action plans for neighbourhoods to ensure they are clean, safe and well maintained to residents satisfaction.
- Conduct Fire Risk Assessments for low rise blocks, including the recording, management and monitoring of all actions identified in the assessment.
- Manage all cases in the areas of nuisance, ASB and vulnerability, and working closely with relevant agencies and departments to find sustainablesolutions in individual issues and to bring about satisfactory resolution
- Experience :-
- Tenancy management
- Leasehold management
- In a customer facing role, ideally in a social housing field.
- Income/debt collection policies and procedures
- Dealing with conflict.
- Using Microsoft office and using a wide range of office equipment and ICT software
- Of organising and prioritising a workload, managing conflicting demands.
- Undertaking a variety of administrative and financial tasks in a structured environment to support the delivery of services.