Akton Recruitment has a Housing Officer
To manage a neighbourhood to maximize income and take appropriate action to create inclusive communities.
* Daily contact with tenants and their representatives concerning any aspect of Housing Management and conditions of tenancy.
* Ensure by investigation, negotiation, and enforcement that tenants comply with their conditions of tenancy, particularly with regard to nuisance and anti-social behaviour.
* To collect witness statements and evidence for cases referred to court, attending court as required.
* Complete home inspections for tenants requesting transfer, mutual exchange and home visits.
* To monitor current rent arrears and take appropriate action in order to prevent debt to the Council.
* To complete estate inspections, including monitoring of the cleaning contract.
* To undertake quarterly reviews for Introductory Tenancies and make recommendations for converting to secure or extensions.
* To always see the service through the eyes of the customer and make suggestions for improvement where appropriate
* To constantly challenge self-performance and seek to find improvements
* To carry out duties efficiently and effectively
* To help build pride, passion and reputation for NWLDC
* To ensure high standards of health and safety practice are maintained in accordance with council policy, including the health and safety and welfare at work of themselves and colleagues.
£14.68 - £15.68 per hour
about 1 month ago