Akton Recruitment has a vacancy for a Housing Officer
? To act as lead case owner in one or more area of functional specialism,
personally owning the resolution of some complex cases.
? Assist with the design and development of tools and guidance notes for the
areas of specialism to enable the team to self-serve and widen their
? Promoting new ways of working, responsible for multi-skilling people within
teams and encouraging knowledge sharing across case work teams.
? Lead and coordinate case management work where the customer has
multiple processes/services underway - this delivers the 'one case owner'
? Assist with knowledge sharing across other Customer First and Homes First
? Support the delivery of a tenancy management service across Eastbourne
1. Provide detailed advice and support to the teams in relation to tenancy
2. Investigate, manage and seek positive solutions in partnership with statutory and
voluntary agencies on complex tenancy management cases including AntiSocial Behaviour, safeguarding, tenancy fraud and complaints
3. Manage breaches of tenancy, investigate reports and complaints about
neighbours and take appropriate enforcement action
4. Manage complex tenancy cases including transfers, mutual exchanges,
assignments, succession and cases relating to vulnerable tenants.
5. Manage a range of cases, inspections and associated activity - working with
customers, neighbours and partner agencies to resolve problems, taking formal
action when required.
Page 2 of 7
6. Work as the lead caseworker or supporting leads in partner agencies on a range
of complex cases, assessing the risk and vulnerability of customers and
considering all aspects of the customer's situation in order to provide the best
avenue of support and action.
7. Proactively design and develop tools and guidance notes for the area of
specialism to enable the team to self-serve and widen their knowledge.
Up to £14.00 per hour
22 days ago