Akton Recruitment currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Housing Officer join the team within a local authority team in London
- Be the face of the Housing Department. Provide visible, accessible housing management services on the ground to customers renting homes, garages or travellers sites, owner occupiers and shared owners in the borough.
- Manage the pre-void and lettings function (checking in, and checking out process) promoting the Housing Management brand and create the best experience to new and prospective customers.
- Manage tenancy breaches in accordance with legislation and policies.
- Delivery of quality estate management inspections that meet health and safety and compliance requirements.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Provide a high level of customer service with emphasis on getting things right the first time, keeping promises and taking ownership for the customer demands and request. Promote self-sufficiency in our services while offering support to those that need extra help.
- Work with partners to set, coordinate, track and ensure completion of actions with other services to get things done for the customer which meet or exceed customers’ expectations.
- Be the primary contact for local stakeholders e.g.: residents associations, Councillors, the police etc. for individual casework.
- Deliver a comprehensive lettings service which leaves customers feeling satisfied with Housing Management from day one.
- Carry out estate inspections and health and safety inspections to ensure statutory compliance and contract reviews.
- Post inspect communal maintenance repairs and undertake follow up actions as required.
- Address anti-social behaviour (ASB), fly tipping, graffiti and abandoned vehicles. Escalate crime related ASB to relevant council teams and agencies.
- Deliver the premise of ‘Every visit counts’ by checking interests of other areas including rent collection, property services, community wellbeing and other areas of the council.
- Take ownership and report anything people or property related (repairs, cleaning, grounds maintenance, trees etc.) while out on site. Maintaining estates is everyone’s responsibility.
If you would like to apply for this position please send a CV or call 01772 428186 and ask for Jordan for more details.