Akton Recruitment currently has an exciting opportunity for a Housing Officer to join the team within a Local Authority in London
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To deliver excellent housing management services to our customers to the highest possible standards ensuring that operational performance is high and continues to improve. To ensure neighbourhood services for a defined group of homes meet resident's expectations and that residents have opportunities to influence service delivery.
- To provide a comprehensive housing management service within a specified geographic area to our customers and neighbourhoods dealing with breaches of tenancy/leaseholder agreements, estate management/monitoring, rent arrears management, anti-social behaviour, caretaking and delivery of communal services and tenancy support visits.
- Deliver against an agreed improvement plan for the assigned area in consultation with residents and help deliver the corporate objectives. The plan should reflect the needs of the area with reference to the profile of residents and the physical characteristics.
- Ensure the housing management and environmental services provided to residents are coordinated and of an excellent standard and conform to relevant statutory requirements and best practice.
- Deliver housing services that are inclusive and accessible to our vulnerable customers
- Ensure that all complaints, incidents of ASB and harassment are investigated and dealt with in accordance with Slough policies and procedures
- Identify opportunities for service improvements and make recommendations to the Area Housing Manager/Head of Housing Management. Ensure changes are introduced and implemented effectively and efficiently in the area.
- Recent experience of working as a Housing Officer for a social landlord
- Drive for work purposes
- recent experience of managing and taking action in ASB cases