Housing Compliance Officer required for a fantastic contract based in Cardiff
- Ensure that the Council's Housing Stock is fully compliant with health and safety legislation pertaining to the asset management of electrical including; control, management and replacement / up grading works.
- Update and control the Housing Services electrical installation Register to ensure the latest information is available to all and provide the relevant information in a timely manner to all parties requiring access to the information.
- Regularly monitor the electrical compliance to identify gaps and old information to ensure the register is accurate, and propose and develop mechanisms to address any areas of concern.
- To assist in the management and implementation of other compliance risks for housing assets including: Fire Risk Assessments and management, asbestos management, legionella control, electrical Inspections, lifting equipment, fire equipment management and testing.
- Complete a programme of onsite inspections to monitor areas of high risk.
- Ensure the Council is fully compliant with relevant current regulations for electrical.
- Produce specifications and tender documentation to ensure compliance.
- Manage projects to minimize exposure of both financial and health and safety related risks.
- Establish budgetary requirements for the management and compliance of electrical.
- Report on and monitor performance targets and milestones for compliance related issues.
- Ensure that all works are delivered equitably and fairly and in order to maximise or protect the capital value of assets.
- To work with the Housing Health and Safety Compliance Manager in developing asset management processes and policies associated with compliance.
- Provide specific technical advice relating to best practice, industry guidance and relevant legislation in regards to Housing Compliance.
- Support the Housing Health and Safety Compliance Manager in managing any non-compliance issues and ensure risks are effectively recorded, reported, eradicated or managed down to the lowest possible level.
- Support and assist in the procurement of works, following official procurement processes to ensure best value outcomes.
- Produce feasibility studies, option appraisals and project briefs in the development and planning of projects.
- Assist in the development and drafting of pre-construction phase and construction phase Health and Safety Plans in accordance with CDM Regulations.
- Manage project progress ensuring compliance with all relevant documentation, standards and good practice guidance associated to the works.
- Provide project update reports and post project reviews as required.
- Ensure compliance with the Council's Financial Regulations, Standing Orders, Policies and Procedures
- To implement the principles of the Council's Equal Opportunity Policy whilst carrying out the above duties
- To adhere to Health and Safety legislation / relevant Council policies and procedures and to take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be adversely affected by your acts / omissions.
- To implement the principles of the Council's Environment Policy while carrying out the above duties.
- Such other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grade and in accordance with the general character of the job as may reasonably be required by the Chief Officer from time to time.
- Experience of managing electrical installations, in situ and refurbishment electrical programmes.
- Working in a customer focused organisation.
- Experience in Managing and working with electrical contractors.
- Experience in managing Asbestos registers and providing the information to associated parties.
- Monitoring compliance safety topics such as fire risk, Legionella, and electrical management.
- Thorough understanding of regulations pertaining to electrical compliance.
- Thorough understanding of the 17th Edition Wiring Regulations.
- Developing best value services and seeking continuous improvement.
- 6 Months
- £15.36 per hour (Paid via umbrella company - Rate Uplifted to cover charges)
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email