Akton Recruitment has an exciting oppurtunity for an experienced Housing Benefits Assessment officer to join a Local Authority
The Benefit Officers Job role:
- ·Managing your own caseloads, you will make assessments on applications related to; Emergency Payments, Household Goods, Housing Benefit & Council Tax reduction.
- ·The processing of reported changes in circumstances affecting those claims.
- ·Carrying out complex assessments, such as adjudicating on fraud or appeal cases.
- ·Providing written and face to face explanations of decisions and overpayments where requested.
- ·Candidates must have experience of using Northgate document management system and had experience working in a BAO role for a local authority for at least 2 years.
- ·Recent experience of the Northgate system
- ·Recent experience working within public services/local authorities for a minimum of 2 years
- ·Experience handling assessments related to benefits
- ·Experience working face to face with the public
- ·Ability to make decisions on caseloads