Homeless Reduction Officer
Akton has an opening for a Homeless Reduction Officer
* To carry out homeless assessments and assess housing needs of customers.
* To maintain and develop a good knowledge of the homeless legislation, the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017, case law and statutory guidance.
* To identify accommodation and support services to meet identified needs of customers and create personalised housing plans (PHP's), liaising with the Housing Options Coordinator.
* To manage a case load providing relevant support to ensure PHP's are effectively delivered.
* To provide relevant support to multi agency meetings including child protection conferences and safeguarding meetings.
* To carry out statutory homeless assessments.
* To look at prevention options and prevent/relieve homelessness where possible.
* To deliver general needs housing advice.
* To provide information, advice and guidance to internal and external customers on housing/homelessness issues.
* To create personalised housing plans (PHP's).
* To engage and liaise with internal and external bodies around accommodation solutions and support.
* To work with customers and accommodation /support providers to ensure PHP's deliver successful outcomes.
* To carry out tasks and activities required to collate information and data for a range of functions including FOI, MARAC, MAPPA, MATAC, Strengthening Families and child protection/safeguarding meetings.
* To manage caseloads within locally designed policies and systems, including work flows within the team for nominations, recalls and reviews, including detailed case recording.
* Provide relevant and accurate information to customers, colleagues and partner organisations, delivering services to the required standard, whilst ensuring complex issues are escalated to the appropriate manager.
* To manage, maintain and monitor their own workload in order to meet identified targets and deadlines, in accordance with current standards and procedures.
* Ability to work independently and / or as part of a team to provide solutions to ensure work is carried out in a timely, professional and accurate manner and ensure work is delivered within timescales and tasks are appropriately prioritised.
* Excellent literacy, numeracy and customer service skills and a general understanding of Council policies and procedures.
* Use of MS office applications such as Word for reports and minutes and Excel for creating and maintaining spread sheets.
Other Duties :
The post holder must carry out their duties with full regard to the Council's Equal Opportunities Policy, Code of Conduct and all other Council Policies.
The post holder must comply with the Council's Health and safety rules and regulations and with Health and safety legislation.
The post holder must act in compliance with data protection principles in respecting the privacy of personal information held by the Council.
The post holder must comply with the principles of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 in relation to the management of Council records and information.
To comply with the principles and requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR in relation to the management of Council records and information, and respect the privacy of personal information held by the Council
Up to £12.69 per hour
2021 AGY 11_1618518393
26 days ago
Homeless Reduction Officer