Highways Operative / Maintenance
£12.00 - £13.00 Per Hour
My Brent based client is currently looking for a number of Highways Operatives and Maintenance Operatives to join their busy team.
Highways Operative / Maintenance Experience Required:
* Previous highways maintenance experience and / or
* General maintenance experience and / or
* Warehouse / driving / delivery experience
* Knowledge of Health and Safety in a works environment
Job Purpose of Highways Operative / Maintenance:
* To undertake various maintenance works on the public highway including pothole repair, paving replacement, resetting or replacement of damaged bollards, posts or railings, kerbstone resetting or replacement, installation or removal of street furniture (benches, cycle rails etc.) as well as minor line marking works.
* To undertake planned and scheme works on site, to a high quality, utilising a variety of trade skills, including works such as paving, sett laying, duct laying, reinforced concrete / shuttering, installation of highway furniture etc.,
* To be able to plan daily and weekly site-based works with the supervisor.
* To collect when requested materials required for works to be undertaken.
* To ensure the highest quality of workmanship is upheld, to include the quality of materials provided.
* To carry out all works with care and with attention to health and safety, using the appropriate tools and safeguards
* To undertake any necessary traffic and pedestrian management.
* To undertake any training required and to ensure all training is up to date.
* To undertake other duties and ad hoc projects as required by the business.
You must have a Full UK Driving Licence for this role
Please apply with an up to date CV for immediate consideration