Highways Engineer required for a fantastic contract based in Preston
- Assist in managing the process of Section 38 (Highways Act) highway adoptions and introduction of Section 278 (Highways Act) off site highway works. The role will include undertaking technical appraisal of designs for S38 highway layout / construction and S278 highway works to ensure they comply with Council standards. The role will include internal liaison with teams such as Street Lighting and Traffic Signals on design matters and the Council's Legal Team to ensure Legal Agreements are correctly drafted. The role also includes undertaking site supervision of ongoing works to ensure they comply with approved designs. The successful candidate will therefore be required to hold a valid driving licence and will be expected to have a suitably insured motor vehicle available for use on official journeys.
- Assist in the development control function of the highway service by assessing the highway impacts of planning application proposals in Lancashire, identifying highway / transportation concerns, pinpointing highway / transportation mitigation measures to offset issues and providing professional highway advice, guidance and support to Local Planning Authorities
- Proof of Qualification ONC/HNC Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Council Based experience would be highly beneficial
- Experience working in a similar role
- Temp Contract 4-6 Months
- Currently home working with site visits so require valid driving licence and access to suitably insured vehicle.
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email