Highways Engineer required for a fantastic contract based in Brixton
Council Based Position
- Give technical advice on development proposals during the planning stages.
- Negotiate and prepare Section 38 and 278 Highways Act (1980) agreements.
- Assess requests to stop up part of the public highway.
- Amend, reject or approve technical drawings.
- Inform developers about the permits or licences needed for highway works.
- Help developers through enabling works; e.g. temporary vehicular crossovers.
- Prepare works instructions for highway construction, including a bill of quantities, specifications and technical drawings.
- Deliver best value from highway contractors.
- Give site attendance tasks to the Clerks of Works for surety of specifications.
- Ensure highway works adhere to legislation; e.g. Highways Act 1980; Traffic Signs and General Directions 2016; Traffic Management Act 2004, New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 and London Permitting Scheme 2009; and Construction Design and Management (CDM) regulations 2015.
- Bid for external and grant funding opportunities.
- Prepare, maintain and operate a stakeholder management plan for each DRW site.
- Occasionally attend meetings with either Council members or Directors.
- Uphold local government obligations; e.g. Management Compliance Charter, Environmental Policy, Data Protection Act, Race Equality Action Plan, Quality Assurance Plan, Health & Safety, Sustainable Construction and Recycling policies.
- Managing either highway or traffic engineering projects
- Working with stakeholders and managing expectations
- Supervising contractors
- Knowledge of highway legislation, including Section 38 and 278 Highways Act (1980) agreements, plus Stopping up Orders
- Understanding of Traffic Signs and General Directions 2016
- Familiarity with Traffic Management Act 2004, New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 and London Permitting Scheme 2009
- Practical knowledge of highway design standards and specifications
- Awareness of CDM Regulations 2015
- Temp Contract
- 4 Months +
- £200 per day (Umbrella)
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email