The main duties of post will be:
- Providing heritage advice on all types of planning and listed building consent application
- Provide proactive conservation and heritage advice on Major PPAs and schemes going through the development management process
- Work collaboratively as part of a team with colleagues across the Planning Service and the wider Place Department
- Promote the use of and productively work with Enfield Design Review Panel to improve the quality of schemes
- Advocate for the highest quality of design (including urban design, public realm design, architecture and the historic environment)
- Provide advice and present updates and reports to officers, members and other stakeholders involved in Planning and wider Place Department projects.
- Substantial experience of listed building and conservation area issues and associated development management and a proven ability to take the lead in promoting high quality heritage led proposals..
- Experience and knowledge of a broad range of historic environment activities including evaluation and review of conservation area designations; the preparation of conservation area appraisals; and the creation and implementation of conservation area management proposals and enhancement schemes; preparation of Article 4 directions, urgent works and repairs notices and development management advice.
- Experience of a broad range of area improvement activities including the design and management of street scene improvements and devising publicising and managing grant schemes and area based regeneration schemes and preparing funding applications to the heritage lottery fund, or other sources.
- Experience of work with local communities and organisations, including community consultation and engagement design and management of public consultation processes.
- Experience of being the council’s expert witness, preparing and giving evidence at public inquiries, informal hearings and similar proceedings
- Urban Design issues and skills in graphic and visual presentation.
- Proven experience of successful project management, including designing project briefs, procurement processes and the the management of external consultants, community groups, and other partners. To include project implementation and delivery, evaluation, analysis, monitoring and budget management.
- Good current knowledge of heritage, design and town planning legislation, practice and government guidance. Knowledge of traditional building design and construction.
- Member of relevant professional institutions (or eligibility for membership) such as the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) and Institute of Historic Building Conservation (IHBC).
- Experience of the preparation of heritage related planning policy and guidance.
- Locum Contract
- Inside IR35
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email email@example.com