Akton Resourcing are working with the Local Authorities to fill a contract position for a Health Improvement Co-ordinator. This role is initially an ongoing contract working full time, 37 hours per week.
Required to carry out a range of activities to support members of the North Somerset Public Health Team by working within existing procedures and processes. Supporting the delivery of priority public health programmes through providing training, meeting and event co-ordination; supporting the delivery of health promotion communications, campaigns and resources to the public and partner services; and providing general project support and co-ordination across a variety of public health topic areas. Resolve routine problems and queries, escalating the more complex issues to others in the team.
- To contribute to the delivery of a variety of public health programmes across topic areas including children and young people's public health, health improvement and health protection.
- To be a key contact for service users and providers of public health services across North Somerset, including volunteers, GP practices and pharmacies.
- To be a key contact for council departments working in partnership with the Public Health Team.
- Communicate with colleagues within the team, the public and partner agencies through verbal and electronic communication methods. On occasion support with face to face service delivery when required.
- Contribute the development of public health resources and campaigns, ensuring supporting information and materials are available to partner agencies and service users.
- Providing training, meeting and event co-ordination.
- Drafting, proofing and formatting documents, reports and other written materials.
- Support the management of accurate records, databases and electronic files. Ensure compliance with procedures and guidelines for confidentiality and information governance.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post.