Health and Safety Officer
Akton Recruitment has a vacancy for a Health and Safety Officer in Liverpool
The Health Protection (Coronavirus Local COVID 19 Alert Level (Very High)) (England) Regulations 2020 came into force on 14 October 2020 introducing a range of sector specific restrictions, including business closures.
This legislation is enforced by authorised officers in the Licensing & Regulatory Service. The service is already extremely busy ensuring compliance with the existing national Coronavirus Regulations and supporting local track, trace and isolate. There is insufficient capacity with the existing resource to provide the additional work required under the new Tier 3 restrictions.
JOB ROLE PURPOSE
Carry out criminal compliance enforcement activities within the regulatory service
Within a generic team carry out inspections, surveys and investigations into complex
and serious breaches of Environmental Health legislation. Identify legal
contraventions and select, recommend and execute appropriate enforcement activity
based on assessed risk. The post holder will have sole responsibility for undertaking
this work and the duties will include presenting solutions to bring a resolution to
1. Carry out inspections, surveys and investigations into complex and serious
breaches of environmental health legislation. Identify legal contraventions and
select, recommend and execute appropriate enforcement activity based on
assessed risk. Present solutions to bring a resolution to complex issues.
2. To undertake and/or supervise complex projects involving a range of
stakeholders, aimed at securing business compliance with all Environmental
3. To prepare reports, undertake correspondence, conduct interviews, brief the
Borough Solicitor, and when necessary, Council and give evidence in Court or
4. Enforce all relevant legislation utilising a full range of enforcement powers from
an informal educative approach to formal legal proceedings as laid down in the
Division's Enforcement Policy. Officers are expected to use persuasive skills
and have the ability to change people's behaviour when dealing with high level
and complex negotiations.
5. Significant participation in project teams to deliver local and national health
6. Contribute to the management of the Service by supervising, training, mentoring
and monitoring the work of less experienced colleagues, checking their work,
providing specialist advice and guidance as necessary.
7. To develop and maintain a lead officer role in relation to one or more aspects of
the work of the Environmental Health Section.
8. To demonstrate by example continuous improvement and high quality service