£40,000 - £45,000
We are a dynamic, bespoke Design, Build and Maintenance Company in the Landscape Industry seeking an enthusiastic individual to manage and improve our Health & Safety and Quality systems. The ideal person must have a can do attitude, be self-motivated and be able to encourage, guide and train all staff in safe working practices that are both practical and feasible to achieve.
Key responsibilities are;
• Managing the company’s H&S compliance in the office and on site. This includes updating all policies, writing procedures and measuring compliance against them.
• Advise and implement improvements around H&S, Environmental and Quality systems with a view to improving compliance.
• Maintaining up to date knowledge in all aspects of Health & Safety, Environmental as well as Quality legislation and feedback to the company, with a view to implementing changes to ensure compliance.
• Undertake H&S audits both at the office and on site, including audits of site sub-contractors, report on findings and implement improvements.
• Undertake Quality audits and implement required improvements , as appropriate.
• Ensure all staff are working in safe environments under safe conditions. Advise on actions where breaches occur.
• Produce necessary Rams, Method Statements, Construction Phase Plans, Site Waste plans etc.
• Ensure all site files and Rams are up to date (including variations) and followed by the relevant people.
• Help the Design & Consultants divisions of the company with CDM compliancy.
• Apply for F10’s
• Keep Chas, Safe Contractor and the other professional safety body accreditations up to date.
• Ensure subcontractor’s insurances are up to date and the necessary H&S documents are received and approved.
• Ensure all training & training records are up to date. Organise training days, as required, with external providers, working within the company’s training budget.
• Personally, deliver training inhouse, where possible.
• Complete PPQ documents with help from office administrators.
• Oversee vehicle, plant and equipment checks are done by the relevant parties. Identify issues and requirements to ensure safety.
• Ensure first aid kits are in date and complete on site, in vehicles and at Head Office.
• Ensure enough staff have first aid training, both on site and at Head Office, to comply with H&S regulations.
• Identify, where possible, mental health and substance abuse issues within the workforce and make referrals, as appropriate, to healthcare professionals.
• Oversee fire safety procedures at Head Office and on site, as appropriate.
You will have the following skills and qualifications;
• Ideally a Nebosh, NCRQ or equivalent Diploma and continual upkeep of CPD.
• 3-5 Years industry experience.
• A full clean driving licence.
• An enthusiastic and positive approach to all Health & Safety.
• Great communicator.
• Someone that can encourage a safe work attitude and be firm when required.
• CSCS qualified
• Experience / exposure to quality systems i.e. ISO or similar
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please contact Ben at Akton Recruitment, quoting BA/32305