Purpose of Job:
As a Health & Safety Business Partner you will work directly with internal clients to provide professional advice and support to ensure legal compliance, the prevention of occupational injury/ill health and to incorporate best practice into all aspects of service provision in relation to health, safety & wellbeing.
You will support the Head of Safety, Health and Wellbeing (SHaW) to deliver and maintain the council’s Health and Safety Management System and delivery its objectives in the Corporate Annual Health and Safety Report the aim of which is to improve performance, culture/ and participation.
- Act as an internal consultant to advise and coach managers on their responsibilities for health and safety duties, providing guidance and practical solutions to ensure legal compliance and best practice in line with Barnet’s management system.
- Provide leadership on the health, safety and wellbeing aspects of business and service plans.
- Undertake specific assessments (including workstation/workplace assessments), where required, and advise/support managers through the risk assessment process at an operational level.
- Communicate, consult and share best practice across all directorates to improve consistency and performance to include providing expert opinion on any matters health and safety related.
- Ensure all accidents/incidents/near misses are properly reported internally and externally where necessary, and investigated, in accordance with internal policy and legislation.
- Plan, develop and conduct workplace inspections and internal audits in line with council policy and procedures.
- Develop, deliver, co-ordinate and evaluate health, safety and wellbeing related training.
- Be responsible for delivering allocated projects.