Were looking for a suitable Head of Early Years to provide effective leadership and strategic management of the Integrated Early Years' Service to support the delivery of improved outcomes for children 0-5 yrs to ensure they are healthy, safe, and ready to have opportunities to learn and develop appropriate to their age.
Main Purpose and Roles:
- To take a lead on evidencing the impact of early years interventions through the development and implementation of processes and procedures.
- To ensure that the legislative criteria for early childhood provision are satisfied, such as maintaining the sufficiency and breadth of appropriate early childhood provision.
- To control demand by ensuring that the Council fulfils its sufficiency obligations by providing high-quality early childhood education and childcare for children aged 2 to 4 years old, as well as Children's Centre services.
- As a systems leader, you'll lead strategic talks at a high level with both internal and external partners about how all areas of early childhood education and care connect seamlessly to provide multi-agency, wrap-around services for young children.
Qualifications and experience:
- A relevant professional qualification that confirms knowledge and understanding of the role.
- Extensive experience and expertise of working in the field of early years and early help, meeting the needs of vulnerable children, children with inclusion needs and SEND, young people and their families; and of working with multi-agency partners.
- A substantial amount of senior management experience within a multi-agency environment which provides services to a variety of disadvantaged groups.
- Experience of developing and implementing quality assurance systems.
- Experience of working with national agencies at a strategic level by establishing positive relationships.
- Experience of preparing and leading Services for regulatory inspections (i.e. Ofsted, )
- Experience of managing large budgets