Akton Recruitment currently has an exciting opportunity for somebody with extensive experience in digital transformation to join the team of a Borough Council in London.
The Head of Digital Delivery leads the design and delivery of digital transformation across the council. In doing so, they enable the business to achieve their objectives through a ‘digital by default’ and ‘user-centred design’ approach to transformation.
- Lead, manage and deliver Southwark’s IT and Digital strategies, associated programmes and budget.
- Provide expertise and consultancy at senior and board level in the field of digital service design.
- Lead and line manage the digital team and develop staff to Investors in People standards.
- Collaborate and work with the Southwark, Brent and Lewisham Shared ICT Service to deliver IT services and projects.
- Represent and champion the role within the council, across government and in industry.
- Work with other heads of roles internally and externally to transform and improve digital services using best practice and user-centred methods.
- Lead the community of practice for delivery and build capability and excellence in delivery, service design and user-centred practice.
- Effectively manage allocated revenue and capital budgets, procurement, contracts and assets with probity, openness and in line with corporate standards and government legal requirements.
- Undertake matrix management responsibilities for professional staff and manage third party personnel and consultants as required.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the level and grade of the post as may be requested from time to time.
If you would like to apply for this position please send a CV or call 01772 428186 and ask for Jordan for more details.