Graphic Design Officer required for a fantastic contract based in Sittingbourne
- Provide a high quality design service for print, advertising, displays and events.
- Champion the council's corporate identity and brand, and be responsible for keeping the corporate brand guidance up to date.
- Produce the required number of issues of Inside Swale, the resident's magazine with responsibility for design, advertising, print and distribution.
- Source quotations, agree prices and deadlines, place orders and liaise with external suppliers for advertising, display and print. Ensuring the council receives value for money and all its requirements are met.
- Provide a photographic service and maintain a photo library.
- Provide a video service and develop the council's use of video as a communications tool
- Ensure deadlines are consistently met, offering a high quality of customer service.
- Comply with all decisions, policies and standing orders of the Council and any relevant statutory requirements including the Code of Recommended Practice on Local Authority Publicity
- To be flexible in working arrangements in order to meet the needs of the service. This will involve some evening and weekend work
- To communicate with customer at the required level
- Commitment to the Council's Strategic Plan
- To undertake any training and development as required
- To comply fully with the Council's Equal Opportunity Policy
- To comply fully with the Council's Health and Safety at Work Policy
- To assist as required in the Council's Emergency Plan
- To comply fully with the Council's IT Security Policy
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the grade of the post
- Educated to 5 GCSEs or equivalent, grade 4 or above
- Recognised professional art/design graphic design qualification
- Strong creative skills with thorough knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proven desktop publishing skills, which have been used in the production of technical and promotional material
- In-depth understanding of print and pre-press production, including the use of Adobe Acrobat
- Strong relationship building skills, with an engaging and outgoing approach to building alliances and partnerships, including with elected members
- A wide understanding of customer needs and be able to manage expectations
- Good communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and understandable way to a variety of audiences
- Ability to manage time effectively, planning own workload to deliver results
- Ablility to stay calm, coping well when under pressure and in difficult situations
- Excellent ICT skills; able to make full use of email, the internet and Microsoft Word, to a self-supporting level
- An awareness of the law relating to the reporting of events and regarding data protection and privacy, use of images, copyright law, The Communications Act etc.
- A commitment to equality and diversity and an understanding of the relevance to this post
- 3 Months +
- Based in Sittingbourne
- £15.13 per hour (Paid via Umbrella - Rate Uplifted to cover charges)
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email