* Established in 2008, we took the refurbishment sector by storm and quickly positioned itself as a market leader offering cost effective masonry remedial and heritage restoration services suitable for a wide variety of applications and requirements in the Construction Industry.
* Many years later and due to a steady, maintained upward growth within the industry we have expanded into our newly renovated head office building and we are looking for a new member to join our office management team.
* Working for a family-run sub-contractor in the North West of England the ideal candidate will be working in a multi-disciplinary team based at our flagship office building in Leigh, Greater Manchester.
* The ideal candidate will be pro-active and willing to learn and adapt to new and unique methods of working whilst upholding the company's traditional core values and practices.
* The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in both commercial and operational practice in the construction industry, as a Graduate QS you will be supporting the project teams in a wide variety of roles and responsibilities from supply chain management, cost and wider commercial management and dealing with operations for a variety of projects at varied stages of their life cycles from tender stage to live construction projects and handover.
The job role will consist of the following:
* Working hours: Monday to Friday (7.30am - 5.00pm).
* Estimating: Assisting in the tender process including completing PQQ's, assisting with the production of take offs, bills of quantities, kit lists, and programme estimates.
* Administration: Filing/scanning commercial and operational documents; including the opening of live projects, archiving, ISO applications, supply chain management.
* Operations: Assisting in the production of RAMs and other H&S documentation, monitor employee training, vehicle fleet management, project management, programme production (GANTT chart production etc) and supply chain procurement.
* Commercial: Assist in the administration of contracts, the analysis and evaluation of contractual responsibilities and obligations, help in the production of monthly valuations and invoicing. Attend site visits and undertake measurement activities.
* Other roles and responsibilities if may be incorporated to the job role if required: As a multi-disciplinary team we pride ourselves on our versatility, the ideal candidate will be willing to adopt new roles and responsibilities related to their job role as and when required.
Benefits to the role
* Full time, permanent employment.
* Friendly, Family orientated work environment.
* Based in a newly renovated, flagship head office building with free secure parking. Close transport links to Manchester City Centre.
* Fuel allowance when on business travel.
* Scope for company to invest in further career development, CPD's and other up-skilling opportunities.
* Educational and financial support for further education.
* Work uniform provided.
* Frequent social nights, team building and entertainment events
* Starting Salary: £18,000-£21,000 per annum dependent on experience.
Essential Characteristics (PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE NOT REQUIRED BUT DESIRABLE).
* Industry experience: A good skillset which can be used in the Construction Industry in a contractor facing work environment is required. The ideal candidate will have a good level of commercial and operational knowledge of the day-to-day workings of a contractor in the Construction Industry and be able to adapt to company-specific systems of working to hit the ground running as a contractor's Graduate Quantity Surveyor.
* Full UK Driving Licence (Clean record): The candidate will be office-based working from our newly refurbished, state of the art head office in Leigh, Greater Manchester. However, business travel to and from our live construction sites predominantly in the North West and surrounding areas will be required.
* Strong IT skills: The ideal candidate will be able to operate, and problem solve using software packages such as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Teams, Outlook). The ideal candidate will also be willing to learn and use company specific measurement, analytical and accounting software and have the confidence and knowledge to problem solve/troubleshoot any IT issues that may arise during their working day and ask for assistance if required.
* Applicants must possess Quantity Surveying Degree (minimum 2:2 or higher grade): Applicants must have a Quantity Surveying Degree. The ideal candidate will possess pre-acquired knowledge and qualifications related to the Construction Industry and will be able to demonstrate that they can both study and work at a high level of performance.
* Keen interest in both operational and commercial roles and responsibilities within the Construction Industry: The ideal candidate must be willing to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team within a family-run construction company. The ideal candidate will enjoy versatility and be able to work well in a highly active work environment.
* Sector relevant Industry experience: The ideal candidate will have pre-formed knowledge and skills familiar with the Construction Industry. Knowledge of structural remedial work, masonry, and the refurbishment sector is desirable but not essential.
* Relevant qualifications: Candidates with CSCS/SSSTS/SMSTS and other similar Construction related qualifications will also be favourable but not essential.