Graduate Highways Engineer / Technician
£23,000 - £25,000
This consultancy provides multi-disciplinary services in areas including Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Transport & Highways, Geomatics (Land Surveying) and Building Surveying.
This is a permanent position within their Highway Engineering Team
This team undertakes the following tasks –
- Site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application advice
- Design of roads, junctions and drainage
- Production of pre and post-planning technical reports
- Junction capacity modelling
- Road Safety Auditing
- Utility Assessments
Relevant skills & experience
- Willingness to gain experience working in a transport planning / engineering design consultancy. Previous experience not essential.
- Willingness to interface with consultancy design and construction teams utilising competent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Ability to learn under supervision preparation of horizontal and vertical highways design
- Strong self-motivation and initiative
- Ability to learn relevance of highway planning procedures, UK design principles and standards
- Ability to follow instructions and to work well with others as part of a team
- Appreciation of commercial aspects of business
- Applicants should be qualified with an appropriate Engineering degree and ideally be aiming to become Incorporated or Chartered
The job role
The role will be varied and all-encompassing and will include a mix of hands-on highways design work with technical support of other members of the in-house team. You will be able to take on preparation of preliminary and detailed design drawings and liaise effectively with other members of the professional team, Local Authorities and clients.
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please contact Ben at Akton Recruitment, quoting BA/32103