London - East End (E14)
£11.50 - £12.00 per hour
My client is currently looking to add to their team of gardeners with an experienced gardener.
- Assist with the maintenance of ornamental areas and features to include; shrubs & shrub beds, roses & rose beds, hedges and natural features; (Bulb Plantings, Wildflower meadows and areas of biodiversity).
- Assist with maintenance of grass areas to include mowing, edging, and renovation tasks.
- As directed undertake the control of unwanted herbage in horticultural features and hard landscape areas.
- Assist with minor landscape works and horticultural development as directed.
- To have an up-to-date knowledge of the safe use of range of motorised equipment such as mowers, strimmers, hedge cutters, blowers, rotovators, including their maintenance and adjustments.
- To ensure all equipment and machinery in your charge are secured during working hours.
- To undertake such training as required to a) maintain a suitable skill set, b) develop additional skills to assist in higher level activities as required.
- To be responsible for one's individual health and safety and that of colleagues, residents and passers-by within your responsibility or affected by your work.
- When required to drive vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes and be responsible for the care and cleaning of allocated vehicles and carry out routine non mechanical maintenance (e.g. check tyre pressure, oil and water) and ensuring that all equipment and materials are safely stored.
- To ensure that a high standard of customer care is offered to all sections of the community.
- To remove litter and rubbish trapped in shrubs and hedges following the trimming of these.
- To be trained and be able to apply as requested herbicides in green and hard standing areas.
Please send your up to date CV for immediate consideration