Akton Resourcing are working with the Local Authorities to fill a contract position for an administrator. This role is based within the fostering social work team and would be to provide support to the team.
Service Support staff underpin service delivery by providing effective customer focussed administrative support. This includes arranging meetings and panels, minute taking, basic financial transactions and monitoring, maintaining databases / data entry, acting as the link between customer access channels and the delivery of services through the scheduling of requests for service, elements of interaction with customers, stakeholders, partners and members, and other general administrative functions.
This role also includes the shared day to day operation systems administration on the service side for Waste, Highway Operations, Passenger Transport, Street Cleansing andGrounds Maintenance IT Systems together with the in-field technology.
The post holder will provide effective, efficient and customer focussed support services to designated Service Teams and Service Managers ensuring compliance with procedures and practices to support the delivery efficient front line services. The post holder will also provide support to the Team as required.
- Deliver high quality, efficient and responsive service support in line with practices and procedures to support the delivery of customer focussed services by Directorates and Services.
- To ensure excellent customer service and meet customer promises and service standards of the department and across other service areas as required including coordinating the department customer feedback responses. To provide a wide range of office based services and to communicate with members of the public, the call centre and internal and external agencies to ensure best service delivery.
- Maintains specific databases and systems, inputting and extracting data, assisting with the validation of data and supports other system users. Creating, collating, distributing and updating requests for service to enable the delivery of frontline services.
- To be a superuser of Bartec, Confirm, Mobisoft, Mayrise, Qlikview, Routesmart - the key computer systems for Streetscene and to be able to identify workflow and management performance improvements. This also includes Civica 360 CRM and social media.
- To manage the day to day provision, training, updating and the organising of repairs for the in-cab and in-field technologies associated with the key IT systems.
- To liaise with the IT Business Partner in the centralised IT service to enable the continued development and updating of the key systems and to update users as appropriate.
- Provision of detailed advice and support to customers, officers, service managers and team members through appropriate channels. Consultation and interpretation of appropriate contract/agreement documentation and legislation where appropriate.
- Undertakes document processing functions including the preparation and production of complex material / documents in a creative, professional style using a range of software packages and initiates routine correspondence.
- Processes requests for goods and services following appropriate procurement procedures. Verifies deliveries, resolves discrepancies as necessary and updates records. Prepares and processes financial documents for payment including grants and external funded projects.
- Maintains a range of confidential filing systems including sensitive personal information, involving creation, updating/tracking, retrieval, archiving and destruction in accordance with statutory and departmental requirements.
- Service complex and sensitive meetings which involve prior preparation, taking and preparing accurate minutes within a sensitive and in a highly confidential environment. Produce an accurate reflection of discussion and decisions made and pursing any follow up action within statutory and procedural timescales.
- Assists Team members, Managers and Assistant City Manager's with any appropriate work requests including diary management. Allocate, organise and prioritise their work to meet departmental requirements.