We are looking for applications from highly motivated individuals to support the existing flood risk and sustainable drainage engineer in order to deliver the councils regeneration, funding bids to implement and project manage flood risk and SuDS schemes.
The Flood Risk Manager will provide expert technical advice on the management of surface water and flood risk in response to planning applications.
- Provide expert advice in the form of substantive responses to Local Planning Authorities on the management of surface water, the design of sustainable drainage systems and the mitigation of associated flood risk.
- Undertake investigation of flooding events and causes.
- Provide pre application advice on the management of surface water to prospective developers for major planning applications.
- Implement Highway Drainage works.
- Proven track record of working in a flood risk role or drainagew asset management related activity
- Experience of flood risk assessment and drainage strategy review
- Experience of dealing with customers including members of the public
- Knowledge of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Knowledge and understanding of the Land Drainage Act 1991
- Understanding of flood risk mapping and GIS based systems
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a civil engineering or flood risk management related discipline
If you are interested in this role, please apply with your CV now or call Mark Bateson on 01772 428 186