Flood Risk Management Officer required for a fantastic contract based in Preston
Primary role will be to appraise major development proposals with regard to potential future flood risk and advise Local Planning Authorities within the statutory timeframe, also negotiate improved commitments from developers wherever appropriate
The applicant may also be asked to carry out the following:
- Investigate reports of flooding received from residents and other affected parties (or their representatives) in accordance with current policies, by a combination of historical research, on-site investigations and joint working with land owners, partner organisations and other techniques, subject to the circumstances of each flooding incident.
- Manage delivery of identified capital projects (including studies and works) to reduce flood risk to affected communities and key infrastructure, including option appraisal and selection, making funding bids, cabinet/Committee reporting, public engagement, selection & supervision of external & internal resources, liaison with stakeholders, financial programming and management etc.
- Review Land Drainage Consent applications and issue or decline consents within the statutory timeframe
- Providing appropriate responses to enquiries and service requests
Applicants should have a recognised vocational or professional qualification plus broad experience in area of expertise. May be working towards a professional qualification or be of graduate entry level with sound practical experience.
Experience of working independently with relevant specialised systems, equipment and/or IT software.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Detailed knowledge of own service area and relevant working systems, equipment and/or IT software, plus an awareness of council policies and services related to the role.
- Analytical skills and problem-solving capability.
- Ability to negotiate and influence others based on technical or professional expertise.
- Ability to build and maintain effective networks and relationships.
- Other (including special requirements)
- Commitment to equality and diversity
- Commitment to health and safety
- Display the LCC values and behaviours at all times and actively promote them
- 3 Months + Contract
- £17.51 per hour (Inside IR35 - Paid via Umbrella
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email