Knowsley Borough Council
Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a Finance officer to join the team at the Knowsley Council.
Job Role - Finance Officer
The post holder will provide technical and general support as part of a finance team providing financial management services to clients on behalf of the Borough Treasurer. Further explanation of how the competencies set out within this job description relate to an individual's role and responsibilities can be obtained from the individual's line manager.
- Demonstrate understanding of basic accountancy skills and techniques
- Provide general financial support in an accurate manner within agreed timescales.
- Assist with the core financial processes such as budget preparation, monthly budget monitoring, closure of accounts, and preparation of grant claims, financial statements and returns.
- Regularly produce basic financial data and working papers to support the monthly budget monitoring process, including examination of source documents,
- Regularly assisting in the creation, development and maintenance of computerised financial records and files - ensuring accurate and timely data input.
- Regularly undertake reconciliation and validation of data for suspense and control accounts, balance sheet accounts and other ledger entries.
- Managing Client Relations
- Provide basic advice to clients on day-to-day financial queries.
- Supporting Team Performance
- Provide general administrative support to the team including flexible time recording, ordering and requisitions, filing and photocopying.
3 Month Contract
£19.39 per hour (Umbrella Rate)