Akton Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced Finance Assistant for the Wirral Council.
Job Role: Assistant Finance
To support a solution-focussed, innovative financial management function that enables
the effective allocation of resources to outcomes to ensure value for money for the
To assist in the provision of professional and evidence-based management information
to support the long-term sustainability of the Council and its trusted partners.
To work within a commercial ethos to enable the identification of commercial opportunity
across the organisation.
To be a proactive member of a customer focussed team that supports the achievement
of the Council and its partners' long-term vision.
- Represent the Finance Business Partners as and when required in internal and
external scenarios and to display the behaviours and values expected in a
positive and professional manner
- Assist in the provision of proactive, solution-focussed, professional advice and
guidance to the business within the realms of the Council's procurement and
finance procedure rules
- Be an effective and proactive team member seeking out development
opportunities to support effective succession planning, operating to the expected
standard of a high performing, excellent, finance business partnering function
- Support the achievement of the council's commercial activity in conjunction with
the commercial and commissioning team, assisting with support and advice to
enable the income generating ideas and projects can be effectively managed
within the team
- Assist in supporting the council's financial sustainability and resilience by
providing support for financial modelling and costing
- Assist in the preparation of information and evidence to demonstrate that
taxpayer's money is allocated and spent according to the council's priority
outcomes, minimising the overlap and duplication of spend and activity via and
outcomes-based budgeting process
- Be an effective corporate citizen, proactively leading by example and
participating in corporate initiatives e.g. volunteering, mental health, and well being
strategy, Work-Smart etc.
- Assist in the delivery of the council's financial sustainability and resilience by
working with the team to provide financial insight and intelligence
2 Month Contract
36hr a week