Akton Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced Finance and Budget Management Officer for the Halton Council.
Job Role: Budget Management Officer
To assist and support the delivery of a range of financial management services, to meet both Directorate and Corporate financial requirements.
- To help manage the cash flow of the authority, manage transfers and payments daily ensuring all payments are processed in line with the Council's policies and procedures.
- To produce reconciliations of Council bank accounts, ensuring all accounts are reconciled and signed off within set timescales
- To post journals when requested by members of the finance team
- To assist with year-end closure of accounts in accordance with all relevant guidance and deadlines, including liaison with other relevant Directorate colleagues and the Council's external auditors.
- To assist with preparation of the revenue budget and capital programme, in accordance with relevant guidance and deadlines.
- To undertake analysis of financial data utilising the Agresso system and Excel spreadsheets
- To undertake further reconciliations as and when required, such as those relating to expenditure and income items, Agresso feeder systems and cashbooks
- To assist with completion of financial returns, statistical returns, performance indicators, and unit cost analyses required by Government Departments and other external bodies, in accordance with the relevant deadlines.
- To liaise with Government Departments, other Councils, external bodies, service providers, partner organisations, and other agencies, to provide, obtain or evaluate data and information as required.