Field Service Engineer
Home Based, covering the Midlands
Our client is a privately owned family company with a world-wide reputation for excellence in the design and manufacture of blast finishing, spray wash and ultrasonic cleaning equipment - as well as being a leading supplier of hose and coupling to the UK.
Who are we looking for?
As the ideal candidate you will have experience in electrical, mechanical and pneumatics and hold an Electrical City & Guilds 2365 level 2 & 3 or equivalent qualification. You will be able to demonstrate an ability to read and understand engineering drawings along with electrical drawings, to aid in fault finding and functionality.
Additional skills and experience would be an advantage but not essential include:
- PLC & HMI programming essential
- Refrigeration handling (City & Guilds 2019 or CITB J11-14; or an equivalent European qualification)
- Pipework brazing experience would be an advantage
- Robotics programming skills would be an advantage
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, this is essential
- Self-motivated, ability to work alone and as part of a team
About the role:
Reporting to the Field Service Manager, as Field Service Engineer you will be carrying out commission and undertake preventative maintenance, service, repair for all types of Company machines both inhouse and at the customers site, where you will undergo training on all our standard base products and applications.
You will be home based to cover the Midlands, however extensive travel throughout the UK and overseas will be required, thus flexibility in working hours and staying away is expected.
You duties will include:
- To carryout commissioning / installation / servicing and repairs to all Company products.
- A great deal of our service work is carried out on our standard blast machines, which includes changing filters, hoses, gun parts, door seals etc.
- To train the customers' production and maintenance teams, both in operation of the machines to achieve their particular application, also in planned maintenance and basic trouble shooting.
- To provide product improvement and new machine sales opportunity feedback.
- To communicate effectively with your colleagues in field service planning, commercial and engineering departments.
- To be able to deal confidently and professionally with customer personnel on site.
- To report accurately and on a timely basis on all service visits, with accountability for van stocks of components and spare parts
- To account accurately and on a timely basis for expenses incurred.
Excellent rate of pay and benefits package, which includes, fully expensed service van, mobile phone, laptop and iPad. You will also be provided with full on the job product training.