- To work with children, their families and carers to promote stability enabling children to stay safe.
- To work with children, their families and carers to maintain positive relationships.
- To safeguard and promote individual young people’s welfare and rights, providing good quality services which are free from oppressive features.
- To undertake flexible and imaginative approaches in offering support to children, their families and carers.
- To work with children, their families and carers to promote good outcomes for children.
- In respect of Looked After Children, to complete Life Story Work and prepare young people for new placements.
- To support families and young people where there is a risk of placement breakdown.
- To take case responsibility for cases where there is not a requirement that this is held by a social worker.
- Enhanced DBS
- Previous experience as a family support worker