Akton Resourcing are working with the Local Authorities to fill a contract position for a Family Support Worker. This s an ongoing full time role working 37 hours per week. Working hours may vary but will be between 8AM and 8PM in order to fit the needs of the business. This role is based in Crewe and candidates with driving licenses will be advantageous.
To work in partnership to deliver a range of evidence based programmes which ensure families receive effective preventative services.
- Work in partnership across Children's Services and with other agencies to deliver a suite of programmes that are targeted and co-ordinated.
- Enable families to receive appropriate and timely interventions across the 0-19 age continuum at a time and place that makes sense to these families by planning delivering and reviewing interventions as appropriate.
- Deliver a comprehensive range of evidence based programmes, making appropriate use of supervision and training to develop skills and knowledge.
- Collect relevant data to ensure performance management systems facilitate a needs led approach.
- Identify and support children and families experiencing difficulties at an early stage, assisting in the monitoring and evaluation of services to ensure that they are meeting the needs of individuals and families enabling service delivery that encourages empowerment.
- Actively seek and act upon the views of service users.
- Undertake holistic assessments of family situations using the relevant assessment tools and plan, deliver and review individual programmes of support; ensuring that 'vulnerable' children and young people, especially those families who are harder to reach, are prioritised in terms of receipt of services.
- Maintain effective record systems to enable the preparation of necessary reports as requested.
- Understand and comply with statutory requirements, departmental policies, equal opportunities and other regulations and procedures.
- Escalate and seek advice on any issues relating to safeguarding.