Events Officer required for a fantastic contract based in Woolwich
To provide project management and support for a wide range of community and stakeholder events and arts grant funding programmes. This includes infrastructure and content, as well as health and safety advice and in particular COVID related risk assessment.
- To provide project management and support to events either directly managed by the Council or provided via third party supplier.
- To provide professional standards of crowd safety management planning for all council events including the design and development of safe venue layout. The auditing and assessment of potential crowd management issues and the development of mitigation actions and contingency plans to deal with those issues.
- Too provide infrastructure, as agreed on individual event projects, including the procuring marquees, stages, lighting, toilets, barriers, generators and other associated equipment as may be necessary
- To liaise with such public, private and public landowners and borough agencies as necessary for the successful completion of event projects. Including (but not exhaustively) police, health authority, traffic management, licensing (event, trading standards) environmental health, borough wardens, parking, waste management.
- Experience of developing and delivering all aspects public events
- Experience of writing or reviewing event safety management documents and Safety Advisory Group
- (SAG) meetings
- Experience of supervising third party suppliers
- Knowledge of health and safety in relation to events, particularly with regard to current and changing regulations for COVID-19
- Ability to create and deliver creative event solutions that engage residents of the borough
- Ability to create and deliver events that are accessible to all
- Ability to produce the required documentation to support event management
- Ability to create good working relationships and effectively liaise with other officers from within the
- Council, its partners, and other key stakeholders
- To be able to work effectively within a team environment
- Ability to work outdoors on events
- Effective administration skills including attention to detail and accuracy
- Understanding of equal opportunities issues relevant to engagement projects
- To have an ability to pick and use specialist IT systems quickly
- 3 Months Contract
- £15.25 per hour (Paid via Umbrella Company - Rate uplifted to cover charges - £19)
- Based in Woolwich
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email