Estimator required for a fantastic opportunity based in Normanton
Minor Works team to be based in Normanton providing estimates for building works on public buildings and schools.
The Estimator will ensure that the services provided are to the highest quality/standard with due recognition of client and customer requirements. They will plan and prioritise work within recognised safe systems and in accordance with all aspects of health and safety legislation. They will participate in a team approach to the allocation of duties, supporting and working effectively with colleagues to provide good working relationships within the service.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
- Develop and agree the scope of works with the client,
- Develop and ensure the accuracy of prices provided to the Client, in line with the PSA Schedule of Rates
- Provide a cost-effective minor works service to service users, both internal and external
- Take responsibility for the financial accountability of minor works and specialist work, monitoring of budgets and work programmes
- Attend meetings and prepare reports to take an active role in the minor works team, working independently to offer innovative and appropriate solutions and outcomes to service users
- Liaise with employees from other service areas to co-ordinate service delivery and site activities to ensure minor works projects run on time and to budget
- Develop and specify new work, remedial work and specialist installations to enable in-house or external contractors to deliver the best solutions
- Carry out site inspections
- To carry out any other ad hoc duties as instructed by the Head of Commissioning
- Qualification in estimating and costing or experience within the building industry.
- Good knowledge of the construction & building industry
- Ability to work unsupervised and as a team member
- Ability to liaise and work with clients and members of the public
- Ability to travel between the depot and work locations - full clean driving is license essential
- A good understanding of relevant health and safety legislation
- A confident communicator with good customer service skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload
- Administration skills
- Temp to Perm Role
- 37.5 hours a week
- Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm.
- On offer will be a competitive salary and benefits package dependant on skills and experience.
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email