East Midlands with travel required
My client is one of the UK's largest manufacturers and suppliers of precast concrete with manufacturing facilities across the UK. We are looking to add a Sales Estimator to the team.
We are looking for an experienced precast concrete estimator to join our multi-disciplined team. As a member of the estimating department, you will be working closely with the sales, contracts, engineering and production teams. The role predominantly involves the scoping, quantification and pricing of a range of precast concrete solutions. You will be reporting into the Estimating Manager and hours of work are Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:00pm.
- Scoping projects (with support from the engineering teams) to ensure we are offering the best solution for the client.
- Quantification from architectural and engineers drawings.
- Costing labour, plant and materials.
- Liaising with external subcontractors and suppliers.
- Value engineering, liaising with internal departments, architects, engineers and clients.
- Produce quotations and scope documents / drawings.
- Client meetings (both on and off site).
- Support in up skilling junior members of the team.
- Previous experience of estimating in precast construction preferred.
- Good ICT skills, proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be self-motivated to arrange a daily diary and work as part of a team without constant supervision.
- Ability to recognise other opportunities for business, communicating effectively with other parts of the business to maximise our offer to the client.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and be able to manage multiple tenders concurrently.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Show good initiative and enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Be highly motivated.
- Hold a valid UK driving licence.
- Knowledge of using Auto CAD software.
- Qualification in a Construction related topic.